Subject: Digital FAQ was: Re: [Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Feb 8 17:00:02 2006

 Jonathan,

>>In all seriousness, when clothes catalogues are printed, there are
said to be swatches of fabric at the *printers*.<<

I once worked for a magazine and worked closely with the printer. He was
a genius. I thought he had a natural gift. Even the equipment
manufacturers came to him for advice. But all he cared about was
printing. He wasn't a writer, or photographer, or artist, per se. I
learned a lot from him about layout, but layout wasn't something that
interested him.

I think there's value in specialization. We have so many tools today.
But it's mind boggling, if not impossible, to become proficient in all
areas.