Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica lenses for Panasonic 4/3 DSLR at PMA?
From: firkin at gexrp01.ncable.net.au (firkin)
Date: Sun Feb 12 19:06:00 2006

I know its a bit unlikely to go down all that well, but for me the 4/3
sensor is a bit like the original Leica, in that 35mm film was "minature" in
those days. Mind you, having ventured into the 4/3 world with the E-500, the
camera is not all that much smaller than the bigger sensored brutes, but
here may be where a rangefinder small lens combo might really make it work.
Technology marches on and ifffff the 4/3 lasts in a commercial sense, it
will eventually satisfy most users. The results of my first tests with the
Olympus are very satisfying and I do like its controls etc. BUT, it does not
handle like an M camera, is not as silky smooth as an R, and quite noisy
really.

Cheers

Didier Ludwig writes:

> It is known Panasonic will present a 4/3 DSLR at PMA soon (feb 26th).
> Members of several forums (4/3, leica-camera.com, Oly) are quite shure
> that this camera will have Leica glass, assuring they got those
> informations from the usual suspects ("reliable sources" and whatever).
> Going further, some talk about a Leica version of this camera (like
> Digilux-2 and Panasonic DMC-LC1).
>
> Gossip as always, but soon we'll know more. Personally I would endorse a
> Leica engagement in the prosumer 4/3 system.

Alastair Firkin
www.afirkin.com
www.familyofman2.com