Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses for Panasonic 4/3 DSLR at PMA?
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Sun Feb 12 17:36:02 2006

-----Original Message-----
>From: Didier Ludwig <web259p2@donald.hostspirit.ch>
>Gossip as always, but soon we'll know more. Personally I would
>endorse a Leica engagement in the prosumer 4/3 system.
>
>Didier

I like the idea of Leica making some cash out of designing lenses for
Panasonic.
But I think it would be a mistake to join 4/3 as a camera format.

I doubt that anyone will be able to make a high megapixel 4/3 chip, that
delivers clean
high ISO images. The receptors are just too tiny. It's difficult enough to
pull that off with an
APS (x.15) size chip and the 4/3 format is even smaller (x2). Leica should
stick to APS (x1.5),
APS-H (x1.33) and full frame (x1).

feli

Feli di Giorgio                 feli2@earthlink.net