Subject: [Leica] The Great Comeback
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Feb 13 07:24:50 2006

Film may be more alive and well than we think, especially as an artistic
medium. It gets less discussion on the internet because the internet is
a digital medium.

Sure film sales are down. Much commercial work has gone digital. But
that has more to do with time and money that with aesthetics.

Any internet discussion will be skewed toward digital. We can share
digital images on a digital medium, and it's more fun to talk about the
new things. But that doesn't mean newer or sharable is necessarily
better.

Tough to show the sometimes subtle image characteristics of various
printing methods on the internet.

Over the weekend I viewed an exhibition of digital and conventional
prints made by local college students. The prints that I thought really
stood out were conventional. It actually surprised me.

DaveR