Subject: [Leica] Ballet Tryout Submission Photos
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Tue Feb 14 22:20:06 2006

Michael Volow writes in part:

> First, they are lovely, well composed, sensitive photos with beautiful
> tonality (and a lovely subject).
>
> Am I correct in assuming that these are primarily full-length portraits
> posed in front of a seamless backdrop (no floor/wall horizon)?
> I'm sure you have also taken shots of her dancing as well; and if so we
> might
> enjoy to see some of these.

Michael,

They were all shot in studio almost four years ago for Victoria's
pre-interview/tryout for ballet school. Background was seamless.

Parents (and anyone else) are not allowed in the 3 day per week workouts and
photography of the various ballets they dance each year is not permitted.

I've considered sneaking in with my M6 or IIIG and a fast lens but the
instuctors will not be happy if I'm spotted, especially with a camera!

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from mvolo at acpub.duke.edu (Michael Volow) ([Leica] Ballet Tryout Submission Photos)