Subject: [Leica] Maybe OT, Canon Serenar in LTM
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Feb 16 19:53:33 2006

Greg,
It is a pretty direct knock off of the Zeiss 85mm F2 lens.  You will be
rather surprised by just how good it really is.  Even at F2 the center is
quite sharp with typical Sonnar fall off at the edges.  Just off hand, Made
in Occupied Japan puts it before 1953.

Enjoy, the only thing somewhat annoying is the very long focus throw.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com