Subject: [Leica] Re: Confidence in Leica's future.
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sat Feb 18 00:57:24 2006

from what i've learned in b school, the acquirer may purchase a business
with the intention of "harvesting" its assets, or "unlocking value",
either of which is usually discomforting to the acquiree.  but this
dire fate is more logically the fate of a business without investment
opportunities sitting on large amounts of cash or securities,  holding
assets such as real estate which can be liquidated, or divisions which
may be spun off.

it's hard to see leica being that type of takeover candidate, which is
a good thing.

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com