Subject: [Leica] Re: Confidence in Leica's future.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Feb 18 05:25:40 2006

Rei,
But what Leica does have is unparalleled knowledge in optical design and
precision manufacturing.  If the point of acquiring a controlling interest
was to harvest the assets, then this expertise could be rented out much as
the various consulting groups harvest windfalls from anxious companies that
either need help or cover.

Actually, I suspect that this was a means of stabilising Leica, keeping it
safe from purchase.  What did the controlling stake cost <10 million euro?
Chump change for many.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com