Subject: [Leica] More Digital Image Processing Stuff (incl. Dogs)
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sat Feb 18 16:42:14 2006

I put the warning in the title to give those who don't want to read this
sort of stuff the opportunity to hit the delete key.  I understand that,
but I also know there are more than a few on the LUG (including me) who
are interested in this sort of information.

We had some ice & snow last night.  When our dogs went out today I
followed them with my Canon 5D and 70-300m Canon DO IS lens.  I knew I
was going to have some contrast issues so I just let the camera do its
automatic thing and then I opened the images in PS CS2 and tried
applying a lesson I had learned about using the history brush to dodge
and burn in.  The tutorial is in the form of a Quicktime movie at
http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/HistorySM.mov    I had to watch it
several times but I think I am starting to understand how to use it and
it is pretty darn effective.

My results are at http://www.ruffecavaliers.com/18Feb06.html

I hope this helps someone beside me, but your mileage (and monitor, I am
also learning) may vary.

--Bob Baron / Oklahoma City

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] More Digital Image Processing Stuff (incl. Dogs))
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] More Digital Image Processing Stuff (incl. Dogs))