Subject: [Leica] Re: silver vs pixels
From: firkin at gexrp01.ncable.net.au (firkin)
Date: Sun Feb 19 20:16:06 2006

Good onya mate; give them hell, makes us old silver printers smile. I have
the same feelings, but perhaps, I'm more impressed by digital prints now
that I've seen so many good ones on the LUG print exchange. What "kills"
silver printers is the variety of paper now available to the "jetters".
Having said that, I still love the look of my analogue images coming out of
the red light and into the day: even the colour work has a special sparkle
and it is very easy to "muck" up the digital sharpening etc which can "ruin"
the image to my eye.

As a vote of analogue confidence, I've gone down the Jim Brick road (to the
land of OZ) and will be using a 200 series 'blad in Antarctica in a week's
time. Lets hope my wrist holds up ;-)