Subject: [Leica] silver vs pixels
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Feb 20 09:09:40 2006

I have 2 prints in my house... both are color.  Both are 20x24 inch sizes.

One by Charles Cramer, a digitally printed ( Lightjet I think) scenic.
Cramer is considered one of the top digital experts.
The other by Christopher Burkett, a wet color printer.  Burkett is the top
Cibachrome printer in the US, if not the world.

The difference is incredible... Burkett's print just blows away Cramer's...
and yes, I get to see all the artifacts in the Cramer print.   In B+W it is
even more obvious to me.....and I like digital color printing... since there
is no other choice in practical terms for me.

B+W wet darkrooms will never be surpassed by digital prints.  there is a
place for both of them,  For the artist, making a few prints, and not
selling any of them, wet is where it is at.  For the professional, digital
may suffice for his clientele.  Fine.  We can coexist.

But NO Proselytizing.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] silver vs pixels)