Subject: [Leica] silver vs pixels
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Mon Feb 20 09:37:50 2006

On 20/02/2006, at 18:09, Frank Filippone wrote:

> B+W wet darkrooms will never be surpassed by digital prints.

I won't say that; future is a very long road, and who knows what we
will find in the long run... perhaps we will find ourselves blushed
by our today's  (or yesterday) firm statements. In the same way that
even the silver papers have evolved during their timeline offering
distinctive looks from ones to others, they always looked somewhat
different to kallitypes/palladium/etc. There is about the same with
digital printing, even more in this early stage.

Anyway, for B&W I will stick with film and wet prints, now it looks
finer for me and it adds the sense of handcrafting which I love and
appreciate;  digital printing simply cannot have it.

I do understand that others appreciate other ways of printing by
their own reasons and tastes, right, but presenting the matter as
"this is the blessed path", "xxxx printing is better (dot)", etc  is
kinda a child attitude seen quite often everywhere.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] silver vs pixels)