Subject: [Leica] Contest: most unusual lens cleaning technique
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Feb 21 17:57:33 2006

Don Dory said:
>>>Ted,
I've done a search of the archives and it just says you wiped off the lens
and kept shooting.  I would assume that you unbagged your shorts :) and got
on about your business.  But when you finished for the day, relaxing in the
room with just the odor of fresh cow in the field, what did you clean up
your camera and lens with?  Enquiring minds want to know. :)<<<<<<

Oh that's easy.
I used Kleenex and the face cloths in the bathroom of the hotel :-)

Wiped the camera and lens as clean as we could with the Kleenex, then
dampened the face cloth and wiped it clean. :-) By then of course what was
left was dried-up so it was wet clothes for most of it.

It's no big deal you live with it as you're on assignment in the field so
what to do? Sit there and cry about cow shit all over your camera? :-)
Besides we'd already got the bulk off while still in the barn where the
bovine blast struck because we were still shooting and had to carry on! ;-)

Used a nail file tip wrapped in Kleenex around the lens barrel next to the
glass and other spots where we couldn't get a finger nail right at the
remains. Then called house keeping for more clean face cloths! :-)

It worked fine, but when we had to shoot outdoors' in the sun next day it
was a little "odorous" one might say. Today? Sometimes I swear I can still
catch a whiff! ;-) But I think that's psychological imaginary. ;-)

ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Contest: most unusual lens cleaning technique)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Contest: most unusual lens cleaning technique)