Subject: [Leica] Re: toilets
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Feb 22 11:13:14 2006

I *LOVE* it.

BTW, I read two things about Marcel Duchamps famous "Fountain"
toilet found art piece.

First, it's showing here in Washington, DC right now at a large exhibit
on art from the Dadaist movement.

Second, a friend last night said that it had been defaced with spray
paint sometime in the last year - truly sad.

Duchamp is a wonderful artist. Of course, he went on to explore
Cubist painting among other things, producing the "Nude Descending
a Stair Case" that most of us  probably know well.

I wonder if he ever did any photography?

Scott