Subject: [Leica] Re: toilets
From: paulhardycarter at gmail.com (PHC)
Date: Fri Feb 24 06:03:08 2006

I understand Duchamps' 'Fountain' was actually lost or destroyed
shortly after the original exhibition. I doubt he really took it that
seriously and didn't think anyone would actually want to *buy* it! I
believe in the 1920s he created a limited edition of 'Fountains' and
signed them all. These are the ones now on show around the world.

He did quite a number of photographic experiments with Man Ray.

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
www.paulhardycarter.com