Subject: [Leica] A shot from Long Beach
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Feb 23 20:54:26 2006

I was in Long Beach supporting my wife at the IECA convention (lots of
VERY outdoors people unhappy about being indoors during gorgeous
weather - IECA is the "International Erosion Control Association") and
they were at the Long Beach Convention Center.

We stayed in the Renaissance Long Beach which was a short walk away. I
had time on Wednesday to take a walk and took one that was a bit too
long - you know that when you're where you planned to go and realize
that your knees are saying rude things to you. But the only way back
was to walk so today I wasn't up for a lot of walking at all until the
late afternoon.

ANYWAY...yesterday I saw this building illuminated by the reflections
of the building across the street but I couldn't get to a place where
I could shoot it until the light had gone. So today I camped out on a
bench and shot for the better part of an hour.

This image, which is early in the sequence, is the one that strikes me
the most tonight. I shot a lot of black and white as well so maybe
between digital and analog I'll find an image that captures  you the
way the reflected light on this building captured me.

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/02/23/_L3U9540.jpg>

I apologize to both Long Beach LUG members who offered to shoot with
me or at least show me around, but after Wednesday I wasn't in much
shape to trapse around. This evening is better so the drive up I-5 to
Davis will be decent.

Comments are welcome. The shot is with the Canon 1Ds MkII and the 24-70 L

Thank you!

Adam

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] A shot from Long Beach)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] A shot from Long Beach)