Subject: [Leica] A shot from Long Beach
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Feb 23 21:22:55 2006

Sorry we missed you.... obviously your photography did not suffer!  Great
shot!

About the location.... go back 25-30 years ago.....

We are in Long Beach taking a test to be adoptive parents.... we get sent to
THIS building to do some interviews.  At the time, it was occupied by State
and local bureaucrats of all types.  Location is 1 block form the ocean, and
in a neighborhood that is best described as ... bad.  The back side ( which
goes down, maybe 2 stories, is full of tattoo parlors and 15 cent beer
bars.... It was a Navy dock town, with attendant "entertainment".

Neighborhood has gotten a lot better in the past 5-8 years.  Still not a
place to go walking around after sundown.....especially with a fancy
camera....The building also looks better with a coat of paint...

Yes, we got our little darling...
I have a lot of emotions about this building, not all of them good.  But
that is a story for another day.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/02/23/_L3U9540.jpg>