Subject: [Leica] OT: Best Way to Remove Dust and Scratches in Photoshop?
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat Feb 25 17:41:53 2006

Photoshop CS newbie question.

I've got an old b&w scan from an old negative that looks like it was dropped
on the floor and some dust thrown on it before it was scanned in my (now
gone for service) Nikon Film Scanner.

Rescanning the original negative is not an option at least for for another 3
- 4 weeks. I've tried using the "Dust and Scratch Filter" in Photoshop CS,
plus some cleanup with the "Clone Stamp" and it is still very dusty and
scratched looking.

Is there something else I can try with Photoshop CS or with the Photoshop
CS2 software I have but not installed yet?

All advice appreciated.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] OT: Best Way to Remove Dust and Scratches in Photoshop?)
Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] OT: Best Way to Remove Dust and Scratches in Photoshop?)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] OT: Best Way to Remove Dust and Scratches in Photoshop?)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: Best Way to Remove Dust and Scratches in Photoshop?)