Subject: [Leica] more portraits: americans and their firearms
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Feb 26 03:30:36 2006

Kyle:

>http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/ago/ivy/ivy7.jpg

That works a lot better for me.  Doug might as well have been talking for
me, too.  :)

The first one you did that included the child was fantastic.  Adding the
child, and especially in the superman pjs, makes the picture even more
surreal.  I thought that was the whole point.  Didn't realize you were
serious about this project until you started posting followups.  Guns + kid
is much stronger than guns + dog.

Definitely inside, though.

> http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/ago/ivy/ivy5.jpg

The vertical gun is almost lost.  Blends in a little bit with the
background.  Need more highlights on the barrel to really separate it from
the lady's black shirt.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/