Subject: [Leica] Leica participation in 4/3rds format
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Feb 26 10:35:23 2006

Hang on Scott....   There is nothing to make one believe that Leica had
ANYTHING to do with the lens or anything else in the camera.  Design,
Manufacturing, SW, Engineering, optical, mechanical or otherwise.  Their
name is on the lens.  That is all the facts we have.

Now we can infer that Leica is receiving some remuneration or other payment
( marketing, access to products for private label, or something else.)  for
the use of their name.  But there are no facts to even state this is true..

Bottom line is that at this point, it is marketing hype.  There is nothing
more of a factual nature to bear on this product that has anything to do
with Leica other than some printing on the front of the lens.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net