Subject: [Leica] Scanning with coolscan
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Feb 28 16:55:29 2006

Graham, are you saying there is something wrong with the following pic? It
looks pretty clean to me. Again, looking at things at 100% mag in Photoshop
vs. web, or even an inkjet print can be very different. Print it out and
see if you like it!

There may be some "grain clumping" in the sky and that is a known problem
with scanning in general. My brief test with a Minolta Elite 5400 does show
that it is slightly better than the Nikon when scanning large patch of
gray, but the difference is small. Try running some noise reduction filter
on it and see if it improves.

Really though, to me the picture is just fine as it is, and as usual from
you, excellent. You just consistently produce pictures that are oh-so-nice.
I wish I have your eyes.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from graham at geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk (GeeBee) ([Leica] Scanning with coolscan)