Subject: [Leica] Scanning with coolscan
From: graham at geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk (GeeBee)
Date: Tue Feb 28 13:18:35 2006

I have spent a bit more time with the Nikon Coolscan and colour was easy
right from the word go (Ektachrome 200):
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06031.htm

http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06032.htm

but I am really haviing to work at b&w. The results with Nikon software
looked horrendously course, as in sand textured in PhotoShop, so I reverted
to Vuescan for this rescan of an old shot. My lifelong preference for mono
could be on the way out.

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/l10.html

Any scanning tips for b&w with the Nikon would be much appreciated.

--Graham

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Scanning with coolscan)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Scanning with coolscan)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Scanning with coolscan)