Subject: [Leica] Scanning with coolscan
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Feb 28 21:46:30 2006

Graham, I'd have to pull out Vuescan to be sure ...

Medium - b/w negative

I've done both 48 bit rgb and 16 bit grey with no appreciable
difference (except you get smaller files from 16 bit grey).

I don't have ICE or anything on because I can't (with HP5+) but you
can with your C41 films. I don't have any experience with them, but I
think I would leave it on if I could. Why clean dirt by hand
unnecessarily?

The rest I do with Vuescan the way I've always done.

I have the LS-5000 not the LS-50, but that shouldn't make a difference for
b/w.

Daniel