Subject: [Leica] Re: Slide Film
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Mar 2 20:57:34 2006

Let's be fair; the laptop probably had other benefits besides just being
a receptacle for his images. I had my laptop with me on my recent
vacation in Switzerland, and besides serving as a dump for the images I
shot, it also allowed me to keep up with the LUG :-) and my other
e-mail. A handful of memory cards--sounds like a lot, but let us see: I
have three CF cards in my camera bag, two 1 GB cards and one 2 GB card.
Between them, these three cards can hold between 360 and 450 RAW images
(the difference arises because high-ISO images are physically bigger
files). In other words, the equivalent of 10 to 12 rolls of film. I know
what I'd rather carry ;-)

Having said the above, I have not given up film completely. I have given
up 35mm film except as a backup in emergencies. But yesterday I picked
up a Hasselblad outfit with 50mm and 80mm lenses plus a spare film
magazine plus tripod coupling plus lens shade (the bellows type)--all
for 650 Euro! For once, not on ebay but on a local Dutch classifieds
site called marktplaats.nl. So if one of these days you will see square
B&W images in my PAWs, you'll know why :-)

Nathan