Subject: [Leica] Another great book I picked up in Zurich last week...
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Mar 2 21:10:03 2006

...is highly on-topic here. It is called "Picasso & Lump - A Dachshund's
Odyssey", by David Douglas Duncan. Apparently, in 1957 DDD went to visit
Picasso in Cannes and brought his dachshund puppy Lump with him. The dog
immediately adopted Picasso and they ended up spending the remainder of
their lives together, both dying in 1973.

The book contains many Leica photographs by DDD of Picasso with his dog,
family and friends, at work etc. These are basically snapshots--but what
snapshots!!! I think one of the favourites in this company will be the
image on the inside back cover, called "Leica Lesson for
Picasso"--enough said!

The publisher is called Benteli, and the book came out this year. I
bought it at the Orell F?ssli shop in Niederdorf, 29.80 CHF and worth
every centime/rappen.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman