Subject: [Leica] Re:The Harmless Pursuit of Photography
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Mar 5 15:40:29 2006

Afterswift said:
>>Photography isn't a harmless pursuit. We lost many photojournalists in
>>wars
during the last 65 years.
And even civilian photographers have risked and lost their lives getting
that
vital shot, going back to the pre- and post-Civil War eras.

But that doesn't mean we can't titer our activities to compensate for some
physical limitation at any age. Which is why the zoom lens is so popular.
And
many folks find that sitting in a well-upholstered office chair with plenty
of
tilts and rolls before a PC is easier on the spine than standing in front of
an enlarger and trays for hours.

Photography can be a rigorous as the individual photographer chooses to make
it. On the other hand, if you're flying and the engine stalls, you can't
pull
over to the shoulder and cell phone for a tow truck.<<<

B. D., responded:
>>> Oh....my....God...<<<<

Hi B.D.,
I thought your response was quite interesting! :-)  I felt Afterswift missed
the whole point of Jim's post. Wasn't Jim saying returning to photography as
a quiet easy going hobby taking life easy? Like it had nothing to do with
real life death experiences ?

Man I always figured if the engine failed on my plane the Great Spirit would
be on his cell giving us directions, parked cloud side or otherwise. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re:The Harmless Pursuit of Photography)
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Re:The Harmless Pursuit of Photography)