Subject: [Leica] new Epson scanners
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Mar 5 16:45:16 2006

Frank Dernie writes

> The Nikon glass holder with masks works very well on the 8000, and I
> presume 9000, scanner(s). Using digital GEM it is a bit slow on my
> older Mac but not bad. I scan Xpan, Rolleiflex and Mamiya 7 film and
> am very happy with the results apart from 200 asa print film which
> gives hideous grain aliasing.

I've got to find a scanner film or flatbed for 127 slide and b&w film. Ive
considered buying a Nikon 9000 Film Scanner and an Epson Flatbed Scanner.
Neither has a negative/film holder to fit 127 film's format.

Do you need to scan your negatives and slides in a holder when flatbed
scanning? i.e. can or can't you just put the negative directly on the glass?

Are there any after market maker's of negative holders for either system for
127 film?

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] new Epson scanners)