Subject: [Leica] 3 odd B&W shots from Long Beach
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Mar 6 23:07:10 2006

This is a very strange posting because the images aren't anything
special and yet I like different things about all three of them - all
related to the use of black and white film, in particular Tri X.

This image was shot from our hotel home across the hotel parking
structure to this building across the street. The old-time fire escape
and the textures of the brick really spoke to me. Printed large
there's a huge amount of detail in this image that the small version
that you see only hints at. It was shot at 1/1000th of a second, I'm
sure.

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/02/23/TX400-002-R1.jpg>

The inside of the Long Beach Convention Center spoke to me - the
receding arches of the ceiling, so bright, all these wonderful
gradations. This catches that ceiling.

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/02/23/TX400-004-R1.jpg>

I've always wanted an evening shot. As we were crossing Ocean Ave to
the hotel from the convention center the sky was still luminous and
there was this illuminated bank building across the street so I
snapped a couple of images. This was probably about 1/30th of a
second.

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/02/23/TX400-030-R1.jpg>

All the images are on Tri X at 400, processed in XTOL 1:3 at 68
degrees with my own agitation scheme of 30 seconds continuous, 4
minutes every 30 seconds, 4 minutes ever minute and 4 minutes every 2
minutes. Maybe it makes a difference, maybe it doesn't, but I like the
look of the negative I get from it.

Shot with M6TTL and either the 50mm f2 or the 35mm f2.

Your comments are invited and welcome. Maybe these speak to you, maybe
they don't. I was uncertain about whether to post them but figured -
ah heck - what's a few snapshots amongst friends and I might learn
something.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] 3 odd B&W shots from Long Beach)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] 3 odd B&W shots from Long Beach)