Subject: [Leica] 3 odd B&W shots from Long Beach
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Mar 7 11:26:04 2006

Adam - They are interesting subjects, at least #1 and #2 are for me,
but I think the images might be improved by cropping to force the
viewer's eye to look at what caught yours.  The streets on either
side of the building in #1 and the people in #2 both, to me anyway,
take attention away from the subject matter you identified as the
focus of the pictures.

Thanks for the look.

Dick

>This is a very strange posting because the images aren't anything
>special and yet I like different things about all three of them - all
>related to the use of black and white film, in particular Tri X.
>
>This image was shot from our hotel home across the hotel parking
>structure to this building across the street. The old-time fire escape
>and the textures of the brick really spoke to me. Printed large
>there's a huge amount of detail in this image that the small version
>that you see only hints at. It was shot at 1/1000th of a second, I'm
>sure.
>
><http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/02/23/TX400-002-R1.jpg>
>
>The inside of the Long Beach Convention Center spoke to me - the
>receding arches of the ceiling, so bright, all these wonderful
>gradations. This catches that ceiling.
>
><http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/02/23/TX400-004-R1.jpg>

(snip)