Subject: [Leica] Re: Check your parachute Dep't and Photographer Fukuyama
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue Mar 7 05:00:50 2006

on 3/6/06 11:56 PM, Afterswift@aol.com at Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/6/06 11:10:46 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:
>

>> Try photographing a Great Horned Owl near its nest then try telling me
>> that
>> photographing birds is without hazards!? British wildlife photographer
>> Eric
>> Hosking lost an eye to a closely related owl.

> -------
> Most photographers I know shoot owls with a 400mm lens.

Bob - try it.  See if you return unscathed.  "near' in this context means
within 100'.  Same goes for Screech Owls and any of the accipiter species.
When photographing Coopers Hawk I keep a hat on and do my best to stay in a
tangle of brush the hawk can't fly through.

--
Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento