Subject: [Leica] 3 odd B&W shots from Long Beach
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue Mar 7 09:57:22 2006

Adam Bridge <abridge@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... when I down-sampled the image in photoshop from it's
> 4000 dpi version to make a 72 dpi version I do a small bit of
> sharpening, with unsharp mask, because it's needed.

I find that on a web-sized file just about any unsharp mask is too much.
For my web images I convert to Lab color, sharpen the 'L' channel only using
the simple 'sharpen' tool, then convert to sRGB.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] 3 odd B&W shots from Long Beach)