Subject: [Leica] 3 odd B&W shots from Long Beach
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Mar 7 09:43:20 2006

Oh - I mean that when I down-sampled the image in photoshop from it's
4000 dpi version to make a 72 dpi version I do a small bit of
sharpening, with unsharp mask, because it's needed. But when I do that
I click back and forth between preview on and off looking at the main
image. If I see a marked difference I tone it down until I see just a
HINT of the sharpening, usually in the very high-contrast areas.

Right now it's not easy for me to go back to the final image and pull
up the history in Photoshop so I can see what I did, but when I get
back and can do it, I'll check and see if I mucked around too much.

Still, these are very sharp images when they were printed on my Epson
4000, especially that big brick building.

Thank you for your observations and for sharing them. I appreciate the
feedback on such prosaic images.

Best regards,

Adam