Subject: [Leica] Frustrating magazine
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Mar 8 02:25:42 2006

Didn't she mention that this camera is even able to MAKE PHOTOGRAPHS? I've
heard this is possible with the e-500!
:-)

I agree the printed camera mags are rather useless for reviewing hardware:

First, because they are mostly outdated when the paper is published;

Second, because they are much too friendly and biased toward all
manufacturers (to get the free test gear - recently I have bought a german
photo magazine who compared 15 DSLR cameras from the e-500 to the 5D - they
all got a "Sehr gut"!!!);

Third, because they have no chance against the internet communities who
discuss the gear much earlier, more critically and more in-depth. I don't
know any DSLR user that does not participate in one or more lists/forums of
his gear.

Cheers
Didier