Subject: [Leica] Lee's next PAW
From: Engl6914 at cableone.net (Lee England)
Date: Sun Mar 12 16:37:28 2006

Y'all,

    This is a print I did yesterday from a trip taken back during
Katrina--in September.  Yeah, I'm behind on my printing.  It's taken along
the seawall at the fishing town of Essaouira in Morocco.  This scanner,
Microtek 900i, is still new to me, and I'm not technically minded to begin
with.  The fade out on the woman's robe at the right has to do with the
scan, since it's not apparent on the print.  Neither is some darkening of
the sky that you might notice on the scan.
    At the lower right on the wall you'll notice a white thread like
object--I've been getting more of this on the HP5 Plus I've been using
lately.  It's almost impossible to retouch, and I'm not sure what to do
about it.  I think it's in the emulsion to begin with (before the
processing).  I couldn't swear to that, but I'm fastidious about dust and
such.  Seems like it's always on a good frame.
    The paper is Forte, and I tried something new--did a partial toning in
selenium and snatched it when I saw changes in the dark areas--then toned it
again with Fotospeed sepia.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album387/essaouiraseawall

Although 98% of my photographs are with a Leica M2, this is one of the few
taken with a Rolleiflex F model (about 1970).  I'll learn from anything you
say.

Lee England
Natchez, Mississippi  USA

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] Lee's next PAW)