Subject: [Leica] NEW PICTURES and NOTES :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Mar 13 09:02:03 2006

Richard S. Taylor said and asked:
Subject: Re: [Leica] NEW PICTURES :-)

Hi Dick,
Thank you. Here's a few notes about doctor and drill. ;-) Also on the rowing
picture you asked about.

> That shot with the doctor drilling away on the leg gave me chills since
> I'm likely to be the drill'ee in that photo before too much longer.
> ;-)<<<<<

Well if you're having a knee replacement that's what she's doing... drilling
out space to fit the new one in. I forget to mention this shot to Tina so
she could see what happened to her when she had hers' replaced. ;-)

The doctor with the drill is a true life blood relative of Wyatt Earp the
sheriff or bad guy, which ever from the wild wild days of the USA west. ;-)
True.:-)

> Looks like you must have been at water level and right next to that little
> whirlpool in the rowing shot.  Did you use a 28 for that, or wider?<<<

You might say I was close alright that's a 15mm on the R8. I'm leaning
almost in the water off the port bow of the chase motor boat driven by a
rowing coach. We were so close that when the oar came out of the water I
shot and pulled myself back out of the way as I was sure I was going to be
hit. :-)

In competition photographer's never get this close, but in this case they
were training for the last Olympics. So I asked the coach to get me as close
as possible, but not to interrupt the routine, like he did! ;-)

When I jumped back he asked... "Was that close enough?" :-) I said, "I
didn't need to be any closer, thank you."

Replies: Reply from images at infoave.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] NEW PICTURES and NOTES :-))
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] NEW PICTURES :-))
Message from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] NEW PICTURES :-))