Subject: [Leica] I am visiting Australia
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Wed Mar 15 01:36:36 2006

Clive, the coastal route will be enjoyable and scenic.  Highlights
will be Lakes Entrance, Mallacoota, Eden and the wharf there, the
whales along the Sapphire Coast, Batemans Bay and the Jervis Bay
area. The inland route from Sydney to Melbourne, while quicker, is
not much to write home about.  I'd pass.  Very dry this time of year.

You might notice that Melbourne is hosting the Commonwealth Games
while you're there.  :-) It's good that you've got family to stay with.

And being an ex Melbourne boy I can honestly say that you'll love
Sydney.  Catch the Manly ferry and then a harbour cruise.  Go to
Darling Harbour, have lunch at Manly near the beach and try to get to
Bondi.

Captain Cook was right in suggesting that the harbour inside the
heads he sailed past looked like one of the finest in the world.

Enjoy.

Rick.