Subject: [Leica] OT:Canon EOS 1v
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Mar 18 17:26:55 2006

Feli:

>Has anyone shot with the 1-v and would care to share their experiences?

Absolutely wonderful.  Been using a 1v for the past few years as my main
SLR.  (That changed about a month ago when I started my transition to
digital.)  Wonderful complement to my M6 for those times when I don't want a
rangefinder.

I've shot with it in a torrential downpour, and it's none the worse for the
wear.  It's truly only weather-sealed if you use certain lenses, you use
filters on front of those lenses, and you take off the grip.  I shoot more
verticals than horizontals, so I keep my grip on.

http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/lenses.html#weather

:: The current weather-resistant Canon lenses are:
::
:: 16-35mm 2.8 L USM
:: 17-40mm 4L USM
:: 24-70mm 2.8 L USM
:: 24-105mm 4 L IS USM
:: 70-200mm 2.8 L IS USM
:: 28-300mm 3.5-5.6L IS USM
:: 300mm 2.8L IS USM
:: 400mm 2.8L IS USM
:: 400mm 4 DO IS USM
:: 500mm 4 L IS USM
:: 600mm 4 L IS USM

If you don't want to use one of these lenses, you're out of luck if you
really want weather-sealing.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/