Subject: [Leica] WAS: enough with Olympus NOW HCB
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Tue Mar 21 12:17:12 2006

The various "investigations" into Capa's "Falling Soldier" seem to have
proved whatever the investigator believed in the first place.

Surely the point here is that we'll never know. All we have is the
picture: enjoy it or loath it. I try to see it - as I try to see every
other picture - on it's pictorial merits and not as a "true" record of
a particular event, as a don't think such a thing exists.

According to that criteria, it's a good picture.

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
www.paulhardycarter.com