Subject: [Leica] WAS: enough with Olympus NOW HCB
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Mar 21 13:02:36 2006

If a photo is presented as a factual representation of an event, it damn
well better be that; if it's presented as an artistic statement, it's
factual truth is irrelevant. The photo in question was shot by a photo
journalist, on assignment, covering a war. It was presented as fact. If it
was posed, it is not art - it is fraud. But I happen to believe that it is
what it purports to be. :-)