Subject: [Leica] Re:Noctilux abberations?
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Wed Mar 22 15:57:56 2006

I shot a Noct for about a year and in my experience you can't get a Noct to
glow or flare.
You don't see blooming around highlights, unless the front element is dirty.
One night
I shot it straight in to a 25,000 watt HMI stage light and the Noct showed
no blooming or flare.
According to Puts, the reason for this is because no scattering occurs when
the rays travel
through the glass. Noct images are almost 100% representative of the light
in the scene.
This is one reason why I sold it. The grayscale of the images it produced
was so perfect
that I found it's fingerprint clinical. Just matter of taste.

Feli

Feli di Giorgio                 feli2@earthlink.net
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Re:Noctilux abberations?)