Subject: [Leica] RE: Suggestions wanted for a digital 'M'
From: ausdlk at swbell.net (David Keenan)
Date: Thu Mar 23 07:21:07 2006

>I am missing doing b&w with something as small and compact as my M6,
>and am thinking of moving to a Digilux 2. Has anyone any adverse
>comments, or does anyone know a suitable digital compact with an
>OPTICAL viewfinder that is reasonable?

The Digilux 2 is a poor excuse for a M replacement.

It's a fine camera in its own right but the electronic VF is dark, slow
(noticable lag), and manual focus is all but impossible.

Also there is apprecable shutter release lag too which is very annoying when
you are used to immediate response in other cameras.

All of this IMHO renders the Digilux 2 to a large and expensive
point-and-shoot camera.

I had a Digilux 2 but sold it.

For a small digital I have a Fuji F810 which is wonderful.

But my recommendation is to dig a little deeper into your pockets and get an
Epson R-D1. You won't regret it if you are addicted to the M.

Dave.
--
David Keenan, ausdlk@swbell.net on 3/23/2006