Subject: [Leica] Scanning Velvia film
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Mar 24 09:55:48 2006

At 12:37 PM 3/24/2006, you wrote:
>Tina... were the colors really that saturated in person?  Especially the
>blues and purples?

Yes, Guatemala is really colorful.

>What altitude was this at?  High up or at roughly sea level?

High altitude.  Above 5000 feet.

>I am trying to understand the saturation... was it the film?  the scanning?
>the altitude?  Not asking for answers, just understanding....

The film is Velvia, known for it's saturation.  I did desaturate by
-10 for the web jpeg, believe or not!

Tina

Replies: Reply from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] Scanning Velvia film)
Reply from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] WTB: LTM parts "eyepiece lens or parts iiic)