Subject: [Leica] Scanning Velvia film
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Fri Mar 24 10:24:18 2006

As I remember Guatemala from 22 years ago, the color saturation was already
in the country! We adopted our daughter from an orphanage in Antigua and
also spent a day around Lake Atitlan. Tina's photo reminds me of the
village, Solola, above the lake, with all the colors of clothing, fresh
fruit, and a jungle-like greens in the trees.

As for Velvia, it is my North Coast film to bring out all the subtle shades
of green in the fog and mist.  I shoot it in the Hasselblad and hope to head
a few miles north soon where the Rhododendrons are starting to bloom in the
Redwoods. This rhodie shot was with Velvia and the 35mm Summicron a few
years ago:
http://northcoastphotos.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=91

The slide was scanned with an Imacon Flextight Photo, and I've printed and
sold many 16x20 Cibachromes of it before shutting down my color chemistry
darkroom.

Gary T