Subject: [Leica] Actual Leica discussion
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Mar 24 13:42:32 2006

At 9:22 AM -0500 3/24/06, Don Dory wrote:
>I have been using a 21 SA for years and have been quite happy with its
>performance, especially the close focus ability.  However, with a DM on the
>horizon and a probable incompatibility with the deep protrusion into the
>interior of the camera, I will be in the market for a very wide lens soon I
>believe.
>
>So, what are the groups experiences with the new 21 Zeiss offering and what
>rumors from people who might know but can only obliquely talk about new
>lenses coming from Solms that are wider than 21?
>
>Enquiring minds want to know.
>
>Don
>don.dory@gmail.com

As mentioned last fall, Stefan Daniels said that a new lens in the
range of 15mm would be announced around Photokina to take care of the
wideangle aspect of the D-M. The 21 ASPH should be suitable, and
certainly the 21 Zeiss as well. The 21 SA's won't work.

The putative 15 will also cover 24x36mm, so I'm sure it will cost a bundle.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from director at ubi.edu (Lucien) ([Leica] Actual Leica discussion)