Subject: [Leica] About the Noctilux
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Sat Mar 25 08:48:51 2006

Hi Walt,

This is essentially the same argument I used with myself when I was
deciding between the 35cron and the 35lux.  I was never good enough to
focus at 1.4...so when I had an f/1.4 lens in the past, I'd be trying
desperately to stop down to f/2 in even the dimmest light.  Therefore it
seemed like wasted money and weight (for me and my limited abilities).  Of
course, my experience at that point was limited to SLRs...now I think I
might do a better job with a rangefinder.  Perhaps when I can afford the
35luxAsph I'll consider it.

Best,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus) ([Leica] First posting of images)