Subject: [Leica] new to DMR - newbie question
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Mar 25 09:58:18 2006

This is one of the funniest discussions we have had in a while....

Take the penultimate Film man, able to capture birds in seemingly
taxidermist type poses, using a 1  film technology from the 50's, camera
technology from the 60's and give him a brand new digital camera ( back).
Now he has to cope with figuring out where the card plug in, what types,
sizes, makers, speeds, techniques and mysterious incantations must be said:
add to this the "gift" of a computer running an OS that may or may not
accept his new cards ( this year or next year), running new SW that has been
bug free for what, 20 minutes ( today.. tomorrow is another issue).... and
you get questions like these.....  And we have not yet started the ..
workflow.... discussions.....  Learning curve?  What learning curve.....
INCANTATIONS.... THAT is the Answer.....

Doug.. FILM.. the NEW technology......Safe, Secure, easy to use..... never
goes out of date ( not.. date code) ...... and amazingly, it WORKS!

( having way too much fun at Doug's expense....)

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net