Subject: [Leica] new photos, 100% Leica
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sun Mar 26 10:54:21 2006

on 3/26/06 10:43 AM, Michiel Fokkema at michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> Very nice indeed as always.
> The DMR picture looks at least as nice as the others. I'd guess you'r
> happy with it. Also you're lenses are effectually longer now due to the
> crop factor. Is this a problem or a joy?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Michiel Fokkema
>
> Douglas Herr wrote:
>> White-winged Dove in a light rain, from a recent trip to Anza-Borrego
>> Desert
>> State Park east of San Diego:
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/columbidae/wwdo04.jpg
>>
>> technical stuff: Leicaflex Sl2, 560mm f/6.8 Telyt, Provia 400F
>>
>> male Costa's Hummingbird, also from Anza-Borrego:
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/trochilidae/cohu00.jpg
>>
>> technical stuff: Leicaflex SL, 280mm f/4 APO + 1.4x APO-Extender +
>> extension
>> tube (I wish it had more DOF), cropped from horizontal.
>>

>> male Western Bluebird, this morning in the back yard:
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/thrushes/webl02.jpg
>>
>> technical stuff:  R8/DMR, 560mm f/6.8 Telyt, ISO 400, auto white balance,
>> matrix meter/apertute priority, TIFF file format.  Cropped to about 1/3 of
>> the original file size.
>>
>> All comments welcome.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Herr
>> Birdman of Sacramento
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Michiel, I'm not sure yet how I feel about the reduced angle of view.  I
prefer to get close to my subjects, and with full-frame film the 280 is
about as short a lens as I can practically use.  With the DMR the long end
of the 80-200 Vario meets that need quite handily.  I still wish the R8's
viewfinder were as good as the SL's
--
Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento