Subject: [Leica] NOLA news
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed Mar 29 14:03:33 2006

BellSouth is on the verge of convincing the Louisiana legislature
to shut down a free emergency wi-fi network New Orleans has
provided for residents following Hurricane Katrina.

<http://www.redherring.com/article.aspx?a=16232>

        "If I have to go to jail, I guess I will.... But we simply cannot
turn off
          these few lifelines we have to our city and businesses."

                --Greg Meffert, CIO of New Orleans.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com