Subject: PS Re: [Leica] Forget A couple of shots...
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu Mar 30 10:37:39 2006

 bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) wrote:

> I would have noticed anyone carrying that notebook, Doug, and I think it
> would have been a "what the?!" photo had the subject been a guy in a
> pinstripe suit. However, I certainly did see her hajib, and I think that
> that makes it that much better a photo. One doesn't have to be prejudice to
> consider something ironic.

I'm guessing here B.D., but is 'prejudice' a hot-button word for you?  It
means pre-judging, and in the context most of us are familiar with it
involves making assumptions about someone's character or beliefs based on
outward appearances.  We all do it in one way or another because there's no
way to instantly know everything about the people we meet and we all make
assumptions about others based on our past experiences.  The hajib is
outward appearances, and if one has no pre-conceived ideas about what it
means, why would the hajib make this a better photo?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) (PS Re: [Leica] Forget A couple of shots...)