Subject: PS Re: [Leica] Forget A couple of shots...
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Mar 30 15:48:43 2006

At 06:02 PM 3/30/2006, you wrote:
>  And if you don't understand why some might consider it a
>good image, possessing a number of the charcteritics that make street
>photography worth looking at, then you have been spending far, far too much
>time with the nut hatches, and not enough with people - particularly with
>people aware of what's going on in the world around them.

Oops.  Maybe this is getting too close to the elite artists'
statement that "if you don't understand my work it's your fault
because you're so unenlightened" attitude.  I love the Calvin and
Hobbes strip on artists' statements.  Different strokes for different
folks.  There's no reason wildlife photographers or landscape
photographers or documentary photographers all have to like or
appreciate the same thing.  In fact, if they did, I'd be
amazed.  It's great to hear what everyone has to say, but it's also
important to realize who they are and why they might have a different
opinion.  I've learned that the hard way.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) (PS Re: [Leica] Forget A couple of shots...)